Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hallows-Eve

What started out as a fun time with fellow co-workers ended up in health disaster. Tuesday night started out well after a boring day of work. Guitar hero III was a challenge, but it was fun. I can see addictive potential in the future. Moving on to the next game, a singing game, illness kicked in. Should I say, "I feel sick" and take the "you just don't want to sing" comments, or just plane out not sing?
Aches and much pain, my head started spinning. It was time to leave the "party." Said my goodbyes after a Brittany Spears duo. Little did I know that it would be the last time I see my friends till the following week.
Rushing home a vomit catastrophe was approaching. Ran inside, greeted the dogs and the rest of the night was tossing and turning, vomiting and flushing. Seven AM roles around and after my roommate left for work the toilet was calling my name once again. I made it to my night friend, but dehydration had other plans. I passed out. My head slammed to the floor and I woke up in a gasping panic covered in ..... Lets not go there.
Crawling to get my phone; who do I call? My first call was a no answer but my second came to my rescue. A long morning of tests at the doctors office. EKG, blood work, the good ole' pee in a cup .... Thank God for friends who are doctors. Leaving the office and on to get a quick fix of medicine, chills covered my body. Why didn't I wear socks? We wait a minute or two for any side affects; lets go. The drive from the medicine to the highway felt like the longest ride of my life. Surely we should be home by now. My head was spinning as I was going in and out of sleep from the exhausted night. Ten minutes onto HWY 190 I blurt out "PULL OVER!" I grab the infamous Walmart bag and again I pass out. "I PASSED OUT," I remember saying when I came back. In shock, panic takes over and I can hear my heart beat in my head. I smell like gatorade.
Off to the ER we go. Full of emotions I can't help but think, I can't afford this.
Getting admitted was quick. Three ivy bags later of fluids I was released though my heart rate was 131. Normal rate 100 or lower.
I must say it was a rough rest of the week. You can eat this but not this. Drink this but none of this. Being sick is to much thinking time because that's all you can do even while staring at Judge Alex totally unaware of what you're watching.
I am glad to say I am well now and eating normal as of last night. It was amazing to see how my community was concerned and available. Jessica really served me well and is now probably traumatized by the car incident. Always like to keep her on her toes.
I am ready to get back to work. Pizza just might never look the same ...

No comments: